About the Founder
Dr. Fleishman is the author of numerous journal articles, encyclopedia articles, and books, including Studies in Personnel and Industrial Psychology, Psychology and Human Performance, The Structure and Measurement of Physical Fitness, Current Developments in the Study of Leadership, Handbook of Human Abilities, Human Performance & Productivity, and Taxonomies of Human Performance. He has been editor-in-chief of the Journal of Applied Psychology. He has served on the editorial boards of the journals Personnel Psychology, Organizational Behavior and Human Performance, Human Resource Management Review, Leadership Quarterly, and the International Journal of Cognitive Ergonomics.
He has been elected president of three divisions of the American Psychological Association (APA), including the Society of Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP), the Division of Evaluation and Measurement, and the Division of Engineering Psychology, and also served as Chairman of APA's Committee on Psychological Tests and Assessment. He also was elected president of the International Association of Applied Psychology.
His honors include the American Psychological Association's Distinguished Scientific Award for the Applications of Psychology and its Award for Distinguished Contributions to the International Advancement of Psychology. He also has received the Distinguished Professional Contributions Award from the Society of Industrial and Organizational Psychology. In recognition of his contributions, the University of Edinburgh awarded him an Honorary Doctor of Science Degree.
About the Chief Operating Officer
With MRI, he has:
- Managed the business development for the government contracting division of MRI, Inc. This division grew to a multimillion-dollar-per-year contract base initially capitalized with a Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) grant from the U.S. Department of Defense (Army Research Institute). MRI provided research, evaluation, training, expert witness, and human resource management consulting services to the Social Security Administration (Disability Insurance Program), Department of Labor, EEOC, NSA, Department of Defense, NATO, Pennsylvania State Police, San Francisco Fire Department, the City of Richmond in Virginia, DuPont, Schering-Plough, and various other commercial clients.
- Managed a multimillion-dollar software development project to produce a Windows-based management development application to help assess and train the leadership skills and executive competencies required of senior military officers for the U.S. Army. Utilized at the National Defense University.
- Managed the patent application process and marketed Metacognitive Leadership Exercises©, a Web-based executive assessment, and coaching application. Marketed the F-JAS©, Functional Job Analysis©, and other MRI publications.
- Negotiated and managed a multimillion-dollar contract required by appellate court consent decree for development and validation of the selection and promotion exams for Pennsylvania State Police officers. Approval and use of these exams resulted in settlement of the longest-running litigation of a fairness-in-hiring dispute in U.S. history.
- Arranged teaming agreements and subcontractor agreements for the use of MRI proprietary intellectual property by the Department of Labor for the O*NET® Project, an interactive Web-based occupational analysis methodology used to replace the outmoded Dictionary of Occupational Titles.
- Managed MRI operations, including supervising bid and proposal development, team building, personnel management, project management, total quality management (TQM), financial reporting and budgeting, and compliance with federal regulations (FAR), accounting guidelines (DCAA), and security clearance requirements (DISCO).